non-hydrogenous glues

Toby Perring tgp at isise.rl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 11:31:00 CST 1996

I'm looking for a non-hydrogenous glue (or if not possible, a low hydrogen
content glue) for use in cryogenic equipment. In particular, I want to
  (1) attach thin aluminium foil windows to cryostat or closed cycle
refrigerator cryogenic tails, to give a vacuum-tight seal (the idea is to
have very thin windows for the passage of the direct beam of a neutron
spectrometer)
  (2) mount single crystal samples onto goniometers for use in neutron
experiments

In both cases the requirement is for a glue that can withstand thermal
cycling, particularly for case (1).

Can anyone provide me with any information, ideally a product name and
company address/telephone/fax/e-mail, or any experience of such a product.

Thanks

Toby Perring
Dr. Toby Perring
ISIS Facility