good news for neutron strain scanning

mblsspw2 at fs2.mt.umist.ac.uk mblsspw2 at fs2.mt.umist.ac.uk
Thu Mar 23 11:41:14 CST 2000

I hope to announce that a new strain scanner is to be built at the
ILL as a joint collaboration between the UK and the ILL.  It will
be part of the ILL Millenium programme.  The contract negotiations
are underway but I hope these will soon be finished.

Related to this a number of appointments are available.
A New Engineering Materials Lectureship in Stress Measurement has
been announced at Manchester University - we have recently founded a
Residual Stress Unit with UK Government funding, futher particulars
available from philip.withers at man.ac.uk.  Application deadline soon.

Instrument scientist position at the ILL to develop the strain
scanner, funded by the University of Manchester.  This post will be
announced with the Strain Scanner soon.  Let me know if you wish to
receive further particulars when they become available.

A post doctoral position working on stress development in welding,
again the deadline is soon (1 April) further particulars
Philip.withers at man.ac.uk.
Prof. P.J. Withers
Manchester Materials Science Centre
Grosvenor St
Manchester
M1 7HS
tel 44 161 200 8872     Fax 44 161 200 3636