ICNS2001 support for students and post docs

Juergen Neuhaus juergen_neuhaus at Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE
Thu Mar 15 17:09:14 CST 2001

Dear colleagues

The deadline for sending abstracts to the International Conference on
Neutron Scattering, ICNS2001 to be held at Munich from
9.-13. September 2001 is approaching - see http://www.icns2001.de.

We are glad to announce that we are able to support the venue of
students and young scientists.

Student grants

As one of the main aims of the ICNS 2001 is to support the work of
young researchers, we are offering students a reduced participation
fee of 50%, which includes all benefits of the conference. On our web
site you will find a list of inexpensive accommodation for
students. Early booking is strongly recommended. We are able to
subsidize a fairly large number of students. This subsidy will be
equivalent to an inexpensive train or flight ticket paid out in cash
at the conference. In order to qualify for this financial support, a
scientific contribution must be submitted and you must have a student
status (thesis students included). Deadline for the submission of
abstracts is March 31. Please send your application together with a
short recommendation by your supervisor, preferably by email to
info at incs2001.de before June 30, 2001. You will be notified about
acceptance as soon as possible.

Young scientist grants

Furthermore ICNS2001 has the possibility to subsidize the venue of young
scientists and post docs. Please send your application together with a
short argumentation about your neediness as soon as possible but
before June 30. 2001 preferably by email to info at incs2001.de. You will
be notified about acceptance as soon as possible

Please forward this information to your colleagues and students.

The organizing committee of the ICNS2001

ICNS2001
  Technische Universität München
  Physik Department E13
  D-85747 Garching