IUCr-2002 Neutron-Synchrotron Satellite Conference in Grenoble

Alan Hewat hewat at ill.fr
Mon Jul 30 14:29:54 CDT 2001

The International Union of Crystallography, in full agreement with the
IUCr-2002 Programme Committee, have formally accepted the ILL-ESRF proposal
to organise a satellite meeting in Grenoble August 1-4 2002 on "Crystal
Chemistry of Materials and Soft Matter using Neutron and Synchrotron
Radiation".

Alan Hewat (ILL) and Ake Kvick (ESRF).

At 11:50 30/07/2001, Henk Schenk (President, IUCr) wrote:
>We think that for Young Scientists, who never were at big installations
>before, the meeting in Geneva is an ideal opportunity to see the
>Synchrotron and Neutron facilities in Villigen and Grenoble in order to
>get a flavor of the opportunities they may provide for their future
>research. The EC therefore decided in full agreement with the program
>committee that both meetings in Grenoble and Villigen will be official
>Satellites of the GAC2002. We thank you for taking the initiatives and
>wish you much success with the organisation of the meetings.

Dr Alan W. Hewat, Diffraction Group Leader.
Institut Laue-Langevin, BP 156X Grenoble FRANCE 38042
fax (33)4.76.20.76.48 tel (33) 4.76.20.72.13 (or .26)
<hewat at ill.fr>  http://www.ill.fr/dif/AlanHewat.htm