Postdoctoral Positions in Neutron Scattering at ANSTO, in soft co ndensed matter, reflectometry and powder diffraction

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Tue Nov 13 16:29:35 CST 2001

ANSTO is looking for talented and enthusiastic PhD graduates who are
interested in undertaking strategic and/or tactical research. These
fellowships will enable you to hone your research skills using state of
the art equipment and facilities.

$45 - $48K plus super
Two Year Term Appointments
For more details see:
http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2001/postdoc2.html
<http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2001/postdoc2.html>
PD-13 Application of X-ray and neutron scattering techniques to soft
condensed matter. Dr Robert Knott
Robert.B.Knott at ansto.gov.au
To apply neutron and X-ray scattering techniques in areas such as
micelle formation in harsh environments, sludges and slimes, and food
preparation/processing, within the Nanostructures Project.

PD-14 Neutron and X-ray Reflectometry. Dr M James
Michael.James at ansto.gov.au
To assist with commissioning the new reflectometer in HIFAR and in the
design of the new state-of-the-art reflectometer for the Replacement
Research Reactor

PD-17 Materials Science Using Neutron Powder Diffraction. Dr M Elcombe
Margaret.Elcombe at ansto.gov.au
Powder diffraction is our strongest scientific activity at the HIFAR
reactor and accounts for ~80% of our publications. The person will
assist with a wide range of activities in materials science,
electronics, high-temperature applications, concrete, magnetic materials
and so on

----------------

Robert A. Robinson
Physics Division, Building 58
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1
Menai                  tel:  +61-(2)-9717-9204
NSW 2234           FAX: +61-(2)-9717-3606
AUSTRALIA         e-mail:  rro at ansto.gov.au

Web sites:    http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/neut/
<http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/neut/>
                    http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/neut/s_rob.html