Job opening in nanomaterials

Worlton, Thomas tworlton at anl.gov
Mon Feb 4 13:30:50 CST 2002

Argonne National Laboratory, one of the nation's premier scientific research
and development organizations, located 20 miles southwest of Chicago, has an
opening for a staff scientist. The opening is in Argonne's Intense Pulsed
Neutron Source (IPNS) Division. IPNS is the world's first major pulsed
spallation neutron facility dedicated to condensed matter research. We
invite applications for a staff position in neutron scattering research with
an emphasis on nanomaterials.

Applicants should have a Ph.D. with a strong background in nanoscience and
experimental condensed-matter physics or chemistry and a demonstrated record
of independent research as well as creativity, communication and
organizational skills. The successful candidate is expected to conduct
world-class research in the area of nanoscience with expertise in the
synthesis of nanomaterials, characterization using neutron and X-ray
scattering and software development. IPNS is an international user facility
funded by the US Department of Energy and is equipped with 13
neutron-scattering instruments for diffraction, spectroscopy and
reflectivity studies. Complementary to our neutron source we have facilities
available at Argonne's Advanced Photon Source for research on nanomaterials.
The successful candidate will be expected to interface his/her research
activities with other ANL divisions on Nanomaterials as well as assist
external users on experiments and data analysis.

Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, list of
publications, and the names and addresses of three references to: Susan M.
Walker via e-mail(for immediate consideration) or fax. You must place IPNS
#303028-31, in the subject line of your e-mail or cover letter.
E-mail: employment at anl.gov; fax: 630/252-9388.
For technical questions, please contact:
Dr. Chun Loong, e-mail to: ckloong at anl.gov.
For additional information or to submit your
resume electronically, please visit our website at:
http://www.hr.anl.gov/employment/employment.htm.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information, please access Argonne's web
site at http://www.anl.gov

Tom Worlton
tworlton at anl.gov
http://www.pns.anl.gov/