[Neutron] 3 Postdoc Positions in Neutron Scattering in Sydney, Australia

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Mon Aug 26 09:43:16 CDT 2002

3 Post Doctoral Fellowships at the Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation, Sydney,
Australia

*	Residual-Stress Measurement
*	Biological Applications of Neutron Scattering
*	Neutron Reflectometry

We are looking for 3 recent Ph. D graduates with a strong innovation focus, good communication
skills and a proven publication record to undertake research using neutron and x-ray scattering:

1.	As part of our Neutrons for Engineering project, perform residual-stress analysis on
important technological problems, including welds, formed parts and composites.

2.	As part of our Characterisation of Biomolecules project, perform small-angle scattering and
reflectometry experiments on important biomolecules, biomaterials and biocomposites.

3.	Participate in commissioning of our new neutron reflectometer and perform experiments on a
wide range of scientific problems in surface and interface science.

ANSTO is one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development organisations, focused on
delivering the benefits of nuclear science to the Australian community. Based in southern Sydney, at
Lucas Heights, we operate the HIFAR Research Reactor and have begun construction of the Replacement
Research Reactor, RRR, which is due for commissioning in 2005.

These roles will be offered for an initial two year term with salary negotiated dependent upon
qualifications and relevant experience. We are seeking researchers who work well within small
multidisciplinary teams and collaborate strongly with other research groups in ANSTO, elsewhere in
Australia and overseas.

Your application must address the selection criteria, include your C.V. and nominate at least three
professional referees. Please e-mail your application to pce at ansto.gov.au or forward to Recruitment
Officer, ANSTO, PMB 1, Menai, NSW 2234, AUSTRALIA. Applications close 27 September 2002.

Further information on other neutron scattering activities at ANSTO is available online at

http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/neut/index.html and
http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/anstovac.html

For more detail contact:

Residual Stress - Maurice Ripley (mir at ansto.gov.au)
Biological Applications of Neutron Scattering - Peter Holden (phx at ansto.gov.au)
Neutron Reflectometry - Mike James (mja at ansto.gov.au)

or

Rob Robinson (rro at ansto.gov.au)

Robert A. Robinson
Physics Division, Building 58
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1
Menai                  tel:  +61-(2)-9717-9204
NSW 2234           FAX: +61-(2)-9717-3606
AUSTRALIA         e-mail:  rro at ansto.gov.au

Web sites:    http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/neut/
                    http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/neut/s_rob.html