[Neutron] Second Circular of Symposia in Japan

Makiko Sakai sakai at nml.kek.jp
Wed Jul 23 21:54:50 CDT 2003

Dear Colleagues,

Thank you very much for replying to our circular, and expressing
interest in our symposium / workshop to be held on Oct 27-30 /
Oct 31-Nov 1.

At this time we are writing to you with full information of the above
symposium / workshop and would be very grateful if you could register
accordingly by completing the registration form found at the following
website http://neutron-www.kek.jp/Symposia/index.html .

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

We look forward to seeing you in October.

Yours sincerely,

Dear Neutron Scientists in the world,

It is our great pleasure to announce a series of International
Symposia related to Neutron Scattering, to be held in October 2003.

Second Circular of

International Symposium on Pulsed Neutron Science and Instruments
(IPN2003)
     Oct  27 - 30, 2003 in Tsukuba, Japan

UK-Japan Neutron Science Workshop
(UKJ2003)
     Oct  31 - Nov 1, 2003 in Izura SPA (Pacific seaside), Japan
     (participant will be limited to 60)

Scope of the symposia

          This is an international symposium to discuss science and
instruments using pulsed neutrons.  Pulsed neutron user facilities
(KENS, IPNS, LANSCE, ISIS) have been used since the 1980s and the
pulsed neutron scattering technique has become an indispensable tool
for studying solid state physics, materials science, bio-physics,
polymer science and even earth science.  Two 1MW class facilities,
SNS and J-PARC-JSNS, are now under construction; the second target
station at ISIS has been recently approved and the ESS project is
under consideration.  These new sources will give us a one or two
order of magnitude higher neutron peak flux, giving an un-experienced
new stage in science with neutrons in 5 years or so.  Therefore, it
is an appropriate time to review the scientific results done so far by
using pulsed neutrons, identify future opportunities in science with
the new sources and to discuss the instruments that will realize this
scientific achievement.

          The symposium session includes a plenary session, oral
sessions, poster session, instrument workshops and informal working
sessions. The symposium will be closed with a summary of the workshops
and the working sessions.

          A satellite workshop on the UK-Japan collaboration, which
has led to the development of innovative instruments
(i.e. MARI and MAPS), will follow the symposium. This workshop is
open for any who wish to join.

For further information, please refer to the following Web Site:
http://neutron-www.kek.jp/Symposia/index.html

Symposia Co-ordinator:  Masa Arai
Secretary: Makiko Sakai <sakai at nml.kek.jp>