[Neutron] SINQ 'Call For Proposals' I/05

SINQ sinq at psi.ch
Thu Oct 14 11:56:45 CDT 2004

The next DEADLINE for the submission of beamtime requests for the Swiss
spallation neutron source 'SINQ' (http://sinq.web.psi.ch) will be:

               *********  NOVEMBER 15, 2004   *********

PERIOD:
-------
Herewith we call for proposals for the beamtime period I/05 between
01/05/2005 and 31/08/2005 and from then onwards (long-term proposals).

INSTRUMENTS:
------------
The following instruments will be available in cycle I/05:

Powder Diffractometers        :  HRPT, DMC
Single Crystal Diffractometer :  TRICS
Strain Scanner                :  POLDI
Small Angle Scattering        :  SANS-I, SANS-II
Reflectometer                 :  AMOR
Triple-Axis Spectrometers     :  TASP, RITA-II
Time-of-Flight Spectrometer   :  FOCUS

Additionally, beamtime on the instruments MORPHEUS (optional USANS) and
NEUTRA can be allocated by contacting the instrument responsibles directly.
Information about all instruments can be obtained here:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/instruments.html

PROPOSAL-SUBMISSION:
--------------------
You are invited to submit either long-term or short-term proposals. We
accept hardcopies as well as e-mail attachments (preferred format MS
Word-files). New users are kindly asked to contact the instrument
responsibles before submitting the proposal to discuss instrumental options
and reasonable beamtime requests. Guidelines for the proposal submission,
detailed information and downloadable proposal forms can be found on our
webpages:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/access.html
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/sinq_call.html

SWISS NEUTRONS FOR EUROPE:
--------------------------
SINQ is part of the 'NMI3-Access Program' within 'EU Framework Program FP6'.
Users from eligible countries might be supported by reimbursement of travel
and accommodation costs. For further info please have a look at:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/fp6.html

ADDRESS:
--------
Paul Scherrer Institute