[Neutron] SINQ proposal deadline POSTPONED

SINQ sinq at psi.ch
Tue Oct 18 08:30:24 CDT 2005

Dear colleagues

As you might know SINQ expects the installation of
a 1MW liquid metal (Pb-Bi) target during the approaching
shutdown 2006 (MEGAPIE project) followed by a 7 months
test operation.

This will cause an extended shutdown up to the end of
May 2006 and maybe some instabilities during the startup
phase. It was therefore decided to cancel the upcoming
'call for proposals' and the 'proposal deadline' in
November 2005.

Instead we strongly encourage to make use of
'fast access proposals' as soon as SINQ is operating
again. An extended share of beamtime will be preserved
for that purpose and an easy access system will be
available.

The next ordinary proposal deadline is envisaged for
spring 2006. We will keep you informed through the
SINQ webpages and an email newsletter as soon as dates
are fixed.

More information can be found here:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/news.html
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/sinq_call.html
http://megapie.web.psi.ch/

We are looking forward to meeting you at SINQ next year!

Sincerely yours,
the SINQ management team

Paul Scherrer Institute
User Office                      Phone : +41-56-310-4666
CH-5232 Villigen - PSI           Fax   : +41-56-310-3294
Switzerland                      e-mail: sinq at psi.ch