[Neutron] 2006 ISIS Excitations User Group Meeting

Bull, MJ (Martyn) M.J.Bull at rl.ac.uk
Tue May 23 15:15:27 EDT 2006

The 2006 ISIS Excitations User Group Meeting will take place on Wednesday 2 August at the Cosener’s House, Abingdon, UK from 1300 followed by a two day meeting ‘Theoretical and Experimental Magnetism’ on 3-4 August 2006.

We will present the current progress on the Merlin and Let spectrometers, provide news on future projects such as advanced magnets for neutron scattering, polarised neutrons at ISIS and eXess, an instrument for extreme sample environments proposed for the ISIS Second Target Station. A discussion session will allow current user needs to be discussed and future potential projects to be explored.

The meeting is open to all and we encourage you to present your current research with posters that will be displayed during both meetings. A prize will be awarded for the best poster presented at the meetings.

For further information on the programme and to register, please visit http://www.isis.rl.ac.uk/Excitations/userGroup/ <http://www.isis.rl.ac.uk/Excitations/userGroup/>

We are also seeking nominations for the position of Chair of the Excitations User Group as the three year term of service for the current Chair, Professor Don Paul at Warwick University, comes up for renewal. Please contact the ISIS Excitations Group Leader, Steve Bennington (s.bennington at rl.ac.uk <mailto:s.bennington at rl.ac.uk> ), for further information on nominations.