[Neutron] Post-doc Position

RIPLEY, Maurice mir at ansto.gov.au
Tue May 30 11:35:34 EDT 2006

Post-doctoral Research Fellowship in Materials Science at ANSTO

We have opportunities for a recent Ph.D graduate with a strong innovation focus, good communication skills and a proven publication record to work on engineering-related residual stress problems. We are seeking researchers who work well within small
cross-disciplinary teams and can collaborate strongly with other research groups both within and outside ANSTO. The fellow will create his/her own research program and interact closely with existing research collaborators in materials physics and
engineering and in industry. The fellow should have experience in the application of neutron or X-ray scattering methods to measure residual stresses and/or textures. This is the perfect time for a strong researcher to join us, to continue the active
program on the existing TASS residual stress instrument on HIFAR and participate in the first experiments with our new diffractometer, Kowari, on OPAL.

This appointment will be offered for a two-year term, negotiable, and potentially renewable subject to operational requirements. Starting salary is negotiable and will be in the range of $60K to $64K pa. plus superannuation, commensurate with
qualifications and relevant experience.

For further information go to http://ansto.gov.au/info/vac/anstovac.html#PDR