[Neutron] 4 NEUTRON SCATTERING INSTRUMENT SCIENTIST positions, Sydney, Aust ralia - Closing Date 1st September 2006

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Fri Jul 21 19:35:10 CDT 2006

4 NEUTRON SCATTERING INSTRUMENT SCIENTISTS

Attractive Salary

ANSTO is one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development organisations, focused on delivering the benefits of nuclear science to the Australian community. Based in Sydney, we are approaching the start-up of the new 20 MW OPAL Reactor along
with its initial suite of 9 instruments, and have built up our team of scientists at the Bragg Institute to the point, that we are the leading group of neutron and x-ray scatterers in the Southern Hemisphere.

We are seeking scientists to lead the design, procurement, installation, commissioning and operation of a number of extra state-of-the-art neutron scattering instruments at Australia's OPAL Research Reactor:

Ultra-Small-Angle Neutron Scattering (USANS)

Neutron Radiography, Tomography and Imaging

Polarised-Neutron Reflectometry

Chemical Crystallography (Quasi-Laue Single-Crystal Diffraction)

Successful candidates will be expected to conduct a high-quality research program, in collaboration with Australian universities, industry, other ANSTO divisions and overseas scientists. Possible areas can include physics, chemistry, materials science and
engineering.

Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in condensed-matter physics, chemistry, materials science or a related area, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work both independently and in teams. Experience at, or
using, major neutron-scattering or x-ray synchrotron facilities will be an asset.

Selection criteria for these roles can be found on our home page at www.ansto.gov.au <http://www.ansto.gov.au/>  or alternatively contact Ms Cherylie Thorn on +61 2 9717 9039 or e-mail bragg-recruit at ansto.gov.au <mailto:bragg-recruit at ansto.gov.au> .

When applying for these positions, please send a copy of your CV, complete list of publications, names and contact details for 3 referees, and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria.

Applications Close:  1 September 2006

See http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/anstovac.html#NSI <http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/anstovac.html#NSI>  and
http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2006/anstovacancy2006_073.rtf <http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2006/anstovacancy2006_073.rtf>  for more details

Robert A. Robinson
Head, The Bragg Institute, Building 58
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1
Menai             tel: +61-(2)-9717-9204
NSW 2234          FAX: +61-(2)-9717-3606
AUSTRALIA         e-mail: rro at ansto.gov.au

Web sites:
http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html <http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html>
http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/staff/s_rob.html <http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/staff/s_rob.html>