[Neutron] Data analysis developers for Neutron Scattering, Bragg Institute, Sydney, Australia

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Tue Sep 26 12:09:55 CDT 2006

Data Analysis Developers (2 Roles)

You're invited to be part of one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development organisations, focused on delivering the benefits of nuclear science to the Australian community.   Based in southern Sydney, our neutron scattering scientists are
responsible for the operation, research use, design, and development of a range of neutron beam instruments.

We seek a number of Data Analysis Programmers to support our research team. Each role will initially be a two year contract with the possibility of extension.

 To be successful, you will need to have:

* Degree or higher in a relevant discipline such as Computing, Physics or Mathematics
* Experience in data structure design, including use of XML schema
* Experience in data visualisation and data format translation
* Experience in the design and coding of algorithms
* Experience in the use of UML, Java, and Mathematica
* Knowledge of agile methods and project management principles as applied to the software industry

To be eligible for engagement, applicants will require a medical and security assessment. Australian citizenship is desirable.
Selection criteria for the roles can be found on our homepage at  <http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/anstovac.html#DAD> http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/anstovac.html#DAD

Please send your details to bragg-recruit at ansto.gov.au Your application should address the selection criteria and include
a C.V. and at least three professional referees.
Alternatively contact Ms Cherylie Thorn +61 2 9717 9039.

More information on present and future neutron scattering activities at ANSTO can be found at  <http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html> www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html
Applications close on 15 October 2006
For further information download PDF  <http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2006/anstovacancy2006_114.pdf>  RTF <http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2006/anstovacancy2006_114.rtf>