[Neutron] FPSchool-2008 @ ILL: 1st announcement

FPSchool-2008 at ILL FPSchool at ill.fr
Mon Oct 8 13:07:05 CDT 2007

Dear Colleague,

We draw your attention to the 1st Annual School on Advanced Neutron Diffraction Data Treatment using the FULLPROF suite to be held in Grenoble at the ILL from 11-15 February 2008.
We invite you to visit our website http://www.ill.fr/dif/FPSchool/ for more details and application.

Brief scientific scope of FPSchool - 2008:
Precise crystallography has significantly contributed to the success and recent developments in materials science, solid state physics and chemistry. Among the available programs for diffraction data analysis, the FULLPROF Suite is one of the most widely used packages by the scientific community working in these fields.
By creating a regular school on the FULLPROF Suite, our aim is to contribute directly to the training of the upcoming generation of scientists. These intensive, hands-on, schools will focus on the analysis of diffraction data with the FULLPROF Suite and will concern heterogeneous data coming from powders, single crystals, X-rays and time-of-flight neutron diffraction. FPSchool-2008 will focus on the analysis of large amount of diffraction data on passing through phase transformations. It will take place at the Institut Laue-Langevin and will be open to a maximum of 30 participants.

The local organizing committee of FPSchool - 2008

Juan RODRIGUEZ-CARVAJAL, jrc at ill.fr
Marie-Hélène LEMÉE-CAILLEAU, lemee at ill.fr
Gabriel CUELLO, cuello at ill.fr
FPSchool - 2008
1st ILL annual school on Advanced Neutron Diffraction Data Treatement using the FULLPROF Suite
11-15 February 2008
Grenoble, France.

Email: FPSchool at ill.fr