[Neutron] Postdoctoral position in the field of Neutron Spin Echo Spectroscopy at the Hahn-Meitner-Institut Berlin

Catherine Pappas (Katia) pappas at hmi.de
Tue Jan 8 20:08:34 CST 2008

We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in the field of
Neutron Spin Echo Spectroscopy
at the Hahn-Meitner-Institut Berlin.

The Hahn-Meitner-Institut is a German National Laboratory, a member
of  the Hermann von Helmholtz Association of National Research Centres
(HGF) and has about 600 employees. It hosts the Berlin Neutron
Scattering Center (BENSC) (http://www.hmi.de/bensc/), a user facility
open to scientists from all over the world. To probe the structure and
dynamics of condensed matter, BENSC provides the national and
international research community with state-of-the-art neutron
scattering equipment and expertise. 30% of the beam time at BENSC is
reserved for in-house research.

We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with a Ph.D. in
physics or chemistry and experience in neutron scattering. The
successful candidate will provide scientific support and assistance to
external users on the wide-angle Neutron Spin Echo Spectrometer SPAN.
He/She will be involved in the development of new instrumentation
concepts in the area of polarized neutrons and Neutron Spin Echo
spectroscopy and support our  scientific activities in the field of
dynamics and functionality in complex matter (magnetic and structural
disorder, (spin)glasses, polymers, biological matter) using high
resolution inelastic neutron scattering in particular Neutron Spin
Echo Spectroscopy.

The post represents an excellent opportunity for young scientists to
broaden their experience and develop their expertise. We offer an
appropriate salary, related to the tariff system TVÖD, as well as the
usual public sector social benefits. Applicants should send a letter
of application, a detailed CV, two academic references, a list of
publications and copies of degrees, quoting the reference No. SF
2007/35, to Hahn-Meitner-Institut Berlin, Abt. Personal und Soziales,
Glienicker Str. 100, D-14109 Berlin, Germany (EMAIL: personalabteilung at hmi.de
). The deadline for the application is January 21rst 2008.

If interested please contact: Dr. Catherine Pappas, E-mail: pappas at hmi.de
,

For more information see : HMI : http://www.hmi.de/
SPAN Spectrometer: http://www.hmi.de/bensc/instrumentation/instrumente/v5/v5_en.htm