[Neutron] Post-doctoral position at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin- corrected

Catherine (Katia) Pappas pappas at helmholtz-berlin.de
Mon Feb 2 11:31:31 CET 2009

We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in the field of
Neutron Spin Echo Spectroscopy
at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie.

The Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin (HZB) is a German National Laboratory and
a member of  the Hermann von Helmholtz Association of National
Research Centres (HGF). It formed by merging of the Hahn-Meitner-
Institut Berlin (HMI) and the synchrotron facility BESSY. To probe the
structure and dynamics of condensed matter, HZB provides the national
and international research community with state-of-the-art synchrotron
radiation and neutron scattering equipment and expertise.  The neutron
and synchrotron facilities of HZB are open to scientists from all over
the world.

We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with a Ph.D. in
physics or chemistry and experience in neutron scattering. The
successful candidate will provide scientific support and assistance to
external users on the wide-angle Neutron Spin Echo Spectrometer SPAN.
He/She will be involved in the development of new instrumentation
concepts in the area of polarized neutrons and Neutron Spin Echo
spectroscopy and support our scientific activities in the field of
dynamics and functionality in complex matter using Neutron Spin Echo
Spectroscopy.

The post represents an excellent opportunity for young scientists to
broaden their experience and develop their expertise. We offer an
appropriate salary, related to the tariff system TVÖD, as well as the
usual public sector social benefits. Applicants should send a letter
of application, a detailed CV, two academic references, a list of
publications and copies of degrees, quoting reference No. G 2009/1, to
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin, Abt. Personal und Soziales, Glienicker Str.
100, D-14109 Berlin, Germany (EMAIL: personalabteilung at helmholtz-berlin.de
). The deadline for the application is February 15th 2009.

If interested please contact Dr. Catherine Pappas, E-mail: pappas at helmholtz-berlin.de
  or Dr. Roland Steitz E-mail: steitz at helmholtz-berlin.de

For more information see : HMI : http://www.hlemholtz-berlin.de
SPAN Spectrometer: http://www.hmi.de/bensc/instrumentation/instrumente/v5/v5_en.htm