[Neutron] [HZB Neutrons (former BENSC) ] Call for Proposals 2010_I, deadline 1 September 2009

Astrid Brandt brandt at helmholtz-berlin.de
Tue Jun 23 15:17:22 CEST 2009

+++ CALL FOR PROPOSALS  +++   CALL FOR PROPOSALS  +++   CALL FOR
PROPOSALS +++

Dear colleagues,

We would like to remind you that the  deadline for submitting your

+++ HZB Neutron Proposals  and HZB Photon Proposals for projects to be
carried out in  the first half of 2010 +++

is approaching.

To strenghten the synergetic use of neutron and synchrotron radiation,
HZB has implemented the unified entry point GATE for neutron and photon
proposals.

Please, submit your proposals via

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/userservice/gate_en.html

+++ Research projects for the complementary use of HZB neutrons and HZB
photons are strongly encouraged. +++

More information  is  available at

http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/userservice/index_en.html
http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/userservice/neutrons/index_en.html
http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/userservice/neutrons/user-info/call-for-proposals_en.html

including the download sections.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+++  ALSO  IMPORTANT for HZB NEUTRON USERS  +++

Please, note

-->> For the installation of a new generation cold neutron source, the
reactor will be shut down for a longer period, presumably  from October
2010 to  April 2011.   In addition, a major upgrade project will be
launched for the Neutron Guide Hall I (NGHI).   It is planned to
re-start in April 2011, first  with thermal neutrons only.

-->>   If you plan to do  experiments in our Experimental Hall,  it is
advisable to check the status of your clearance for free access in good
time   (for more information please see the download section of
http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/userservice/neutrons/user-info/call-for-proposals_en.html)

-->> The next meeting of the HZB Scientific Selection Panel will be held
on 6 and 7 November 2009.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The HZB User Office Neutrons  _(__neutrons at helmholtz-berlin.de_) is
looking forward to
answering your questions.

With kind regards,
the HZB User Office Neutrons

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Astrid Brandt
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH (formerly HMI)
HZB User Office Neutrons (formerly BENSC User Office)
Lise-Meitner-Campus Wannsee
Glienicker Strasse 100
D - 14109 BERLIN
fon:    +49 - 30 - 8062 - 2169
fax:    +49 - 30 - 8062 - 2523
e-mail:     brandt at helmholtz-berlin.de, neutrons at helmholtz-berlin.de

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie  GmbH
Mitglied der Hermann von Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft Deutscher
Forschungszentren e.V
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph,
Stellvertreter: Dr. Jutta Koch-Unterseher
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Pyzalla, Prof. Dr. h.c. Wolfgang
Eberhardt, Dr. Ulrich
Breuer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Handelsregister: AG Charlottenburg, 89
HRB 5583

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx