[Neutron] PhD position in Biophysics

Judith Peters peters at ill.fr
Fri Apr 2 14:38:03 CEST 2010

*Effects of high pressure on protein dynamics studied by neutron scattering*
Prof. Judith Peters, Université Joseph Fourier Grenoble I, France

I am seeking a good candidate for a PhD scholarship in the domain of
biophysics. We are studying the dynamics of biological samples by the
means of elastic incoherent neutron scattering, mainly at the Institut
Laue Langevin in France, but also on other neutron sources in the world.

The topic of the thesis concerns investigations of high pressure effects
on specific biological samples. Especially in combination with neutron
scattering, it is still a pioneer work, where methodological research is
required to understand how to best realize such experiments.

The deadline for the application is April 26th 2010.
Expressions of interest along with a statement of suitability and short
resume should be sent (preferably electronically) to:

Prof. Judith Peters
email: peters at ill.fr <mailto:peters at ill.fr>

Instrument CRG-IN13
c/0 Institut Laue Langevin