[Neutron] Post Doctoral Fellowship- Quasi-Elastic Neutron Scattering, in Sydney, Australia, closing date 30th November 2010 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Thu Oct 28 11:19:21 CEST 2010

See
http://anstocareers.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.checkJobDetailsNe
wApplication&returnToEvent=jobs.listJobs&jobid=0062650b-94bd-43f2-94d6-9
e1a00ff549d&JobListID=22FC4F47%2DE994%2D46A3%2DB8C9%2D9BC901269F43&jobsL
istKey=5e12c960%2D73d5%2D4077%2Db5bf%2Dda7821957925&persistVariables=Job
ListID,jobsListKey,JobID

Post Doctoral Fellowship- Quasi-Elastic Neutron Scattering

Post Doctoral Fellowship
Quasi-Elastic Neutron Scattering
2 year term (with possible 1 year extension)
Salary range: A$74,890 (plus 15.4% superannuation)

ANSTO is one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development
organisations, focused on delivering the benefits of nuclear science to
the Australian community.

The Bragg Institute is the research center for the construction and use
of neutron-scattering instrumentation at the new OPAL reactor close to
Sydney. Scientists at the institute help users of this instrumentation
to solve complex research and industrial problems in many important
fields of physics, chemistry, biology and material sciences, as well as
pursuing their own research interests.

We are currently seeking a PhD graduate in physics, chemistry, biology
or materials science, with strong problem solving skills, good
communication skills, and a proven publication record who can work well
within small cross-disciplinary teams, including researchers using both
experimental and computer modelling approaches.

The successful candidate will engage in a research program that has two
related
aspects. Firstly, to ensure that we can offer good analysis/modeling
support for our future users of quasi-elastic and inelastic
neutron-scattering (QENS and INS, respectively). This will involve
further development of our in-house analytical expertise, which will
then be brought to a form suitable for the general user-community.
Secondly, we are interested in the dynamics of water and ions in a
variety of complex systems, such as biological, energy or waste-storage
materials, which we are already studying using QENS and INS. This
position provides the opportunity to become involved in any of these
research areas and would become the test-bed for the analysis/modeling
utilities. Whilst previous neutron-scattering experience would be an
advantage, good research and computer-analysis skills are most
important.

The successful Post Doctoral Fellow will interact closely with national
and international collaborators and will have the opportunity to publish
in high impact journals, present their work at international
conferences, and to access major facilities through existing networks of
the collaborative partners.

To be eligible for appointment, applicants will require a security and
medical assessment.

For further technical information relating to this position please
contact Don Kearley on +61 (02) 9717 7274.

For further information please view the Position Information package or
contact Megan Lusty-Evans on (02) 9717 3094. Applications must be
submitted online.

Applications close: 30th November 2010

--------------------

Robert A. Robinson
Head of the Bragg Institute, B87
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Locked Bag 2001
Kirrawee DC
NSW 2232
Australia

Tel:    +61 (2) 9717 9204
FAX:    +61 (2) 9717 3606
Mobile: 0417 017 503
E-mail: robert.robinson at ansto.gov.au

www.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute
www.ansto.gov.au/research/bragg_institute/contacts/dr_robert_robinson

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee. It is confidential and may contain privileged information or
copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or
further disclosure of this communication is strictly forbidden. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately
by telephone and delete all copies of this transmission as well as any
attachments.