[Neutron] Seasons greetings & McStas 2.0 is ready!

Peter Kjær Willendrup pkwi at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Dec 21 16:34:29 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

McStas 2.0 is finally ready and has been uploaded to www.mcstas.org/downloads<http://www.mcstas.org/downloads> !

The full and long list of changes since last official release has been attached to this mail in txt format.

McStas 2.0 is available for the following platforms

* Linux deb based distros 32 and 64 bit - tested on Debian testing and Ubuntu 64bit
* Linux rpm based distros 32 and 64 bit - tested on Scientific Linux and CentOS 64bit
* Mac OS X 64 bit, packages for 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard
* Windows 32 and 64 bit - tested on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8

!! Please read the README file provided with each platform type before installing !!
!! On Unix, please use the provided migration script for moving your 1.12c or earlier out of the way!!
!! On windows, please install all the dependencies we ask for, don't rely on those from 1.12c working!!

Hope you will enjoy this little X-mas present! :-)

Please contact us if you experience trouble with McStas 2.0 (we might not answer this side of New Year's ;-) )

Seasons greetings from all of the McStas team,

Peter Willendrup

Peter Kjær Willendrup
Development engineer

DTU Physics