[Neutron] Science & Scientists at ESS- Edinburgh July 8/2013 - Don't forget to register!

Michela Dell’Anno Boulton michela.dellannoboulton at esss.se
Tue May 21 10:39:51 CEST 2013

Please join us for Science and Scientists at ESS, which will be held on Monday July 8, 2013, as a satellite to the International Conference on Neutron Scattering (ICNS) in Edinburgh.

At the Science and Scientists meeting, the neutron community comes together to discuss the scientific possibilities at ESS. There will be an update on the ESS project as we stand on the verge of entering construction, and together we'll discuss where we go from here - during construction and beyond.

This is the third Science and Scientists meeting – 2011 in Prague and 2012 in Berlin drew hundreds of neutron scattering scientists to discuss scientific visions and possibilities for ESS. This meeting is an opportunity for the community to engage in ESS, and a large attendance is important for the successful development of the facility.

Speakers include Prof. Olwyn Byron, University of Glasgow, Prof. Andrew Boothroyd, University of Oxford, and Prof. Paul Attfield, University of Edinburgh. Check out the full programme and register at: http://www.europeanspallationsource.se/3rd-science-scientists-ess-meeting

Please contact Michela Dell’Anno Boulton <michela.dellannoboulton at esss.se<mailto:michela.dellannoboulton at esss.se>> for further information.

We look forward to seeing you in Edinburgh!

The ESS team

In conjunction with ICNS 2013, ESS is sponsoring two satellite events in Edinburgh:

ESS Science Symposium on Neutron Scattering at Extreme Conditions: 5-6 July, Centre for Science at Extreme Conditions, University of Edinburgh.
http://www.csec.ed.ac.uk/events/ess-science-symposium-neutron-scattering-extreme-conditions
Science and Scientists at ESS: 8 July, School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh.
http://www.europeanspallationsource.se/3rd-science-scientists-ess-meeting
ICNS 2013: 8-12 July, Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
http://www.icns2013.org<http://www.icns2013.org/>

Michela Dell'Anno Boulton
Team Assistant

European Spallation Source ESS AB
P.O Box 176, SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Visiting address: Tunavägen 24, Lund

Mobile: +46 721 79 20 72
Phone: +46 46 888 30 72
E-mail: michela.dellannoboulton at esss.se<mailto:michela.dellannoboulton at esss.se>

www.esss.se<http://www.esss.se/>

The European Spallation Source is a Partnership of 17 European Nations committed to the goal of collectively building and operating the world's leading facility for research using neutrons by the second quarter of the 21st Century