[Neutron] Beam time request at the LLB : May 1st 2015

MENELLE Alain alain.menelle at cea.fr
Thu Apr 9 17:44:10 CEST 2015

Dear colleague,

If you wish to do a neutron scattering experiment at the LLB, you have to think in writing an experiment proposal soon. As our reactor did not operate end of 2014, we have postponed our spring deadline for proposals submission to May 1st 2015 (see our web site<http://www-llb.cea.fr/en/Phocea/Vie_des_labos/News/index.php?act=visu&id_news=5989>). You have still 3 weeks left to prepare your beam request.

Spring news :
·         If you would like to do small angle scattering think to the possibility of using TPA to extend your Q range towards low Q.
·         If we still accept proposal in French, we encourage users to submit in English and use the new proposal form<http://www-llb.cea.fr/fr-en/proposal.php>.
·         PA20, our new SANS machine did receive its first neutrons last month and everything works fine<http://www-llb.cea.fr/Phocea/Vie_des_labos/News/index.php?id_news=6027>. It enters in the commissioning phase and should be open to users for our fall call.

Alain Menelle
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin
CEA Saclay, France