[Neutron] MATRAC Summer School 'Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation in Engineering Materials Science' to be held in Hamburg/Ammersbek, Germany, September 21 to 25, 2015

andreas.schreyer at hzg.de andreas.schreyer at hzg.de
Thu Jun 4 10:18:04 CEST 2015

 Dear colleagues

We  take pleasure in informing you that registration is now open for our  MATRAC Summer School 'Application of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation  in Engineering Materials Science' to be held in Hamburg/Ammersbek,  Germany, from September 21 to 25, 2015 in cooperation with the  Röntgen-Ångström-Cluster (http://www.rontgen-angstrom.eu) and the Virtual Institute of the Helmholtz Association 'New X-ray Analytic Methods in Material Science' (VI-NXMM). The MATRAC Summer School is  also supported by the European Commission under the 7th Framework Programme  through the 'Research Infrastructures' action of the 'Capacities'  Programme, NMI3-II Grant number 283883.

The  school will provide a systematic overview of the application of  neutrons and synchrotron radiation to the structural analysis in applied  materials. All relevant experimental methods will be covered in a  three-day course which will be followed by a two-day practical. The  practical at GEMS/DESY in Hamburg will cover various diffractometers,  SAXS instruments and tomography stations. Neutron data analysis will  also be practised.

Registration deadline is June 24, 2015

For more information please visit our website which will regularly be updated:

http://www.hzg.de/summerschool or http://www.hzg.de/matrac

Please feel free to spread this information amongst colleagues and friends.

We are looking forward to your registration.

Best regards

Andreas Schreyer (on behalf of all co-organisers)

Prof. Dr. Andreas Schreyer
Director
German Engineering Materials Science Centre (GEMS)
Institute of Materials Research
Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
PO Box 1160
D-21494 Geesthacht, Germany
web: http://gems.hzg.de
e-mail: andreas.schreyer at hzg.de
phone : +49 4152 87-1254+49 4152 87-1254
fax:    +49 4152 87-2666
Call using Skype
Send SMS
Learn more
You'll need Skype CreditNo Skype credit requiredHelmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1 I 21502 Geesthacht I Deutschland/Germany

Geschäftsführer/Board of Management: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kaysser, Dipl.-Ing. Michael Ganß
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 285 GE (Register Court)
Internet: http://www.hzg.de