[Neutron] [ECNS-2015] VI European Conference on Neutron Scattering 30th August 2015. 4th September 2015 - Preliminary Program

ecns2015 ecns2015 at unizar.es
Mon Jun 22 12:53:08 CEST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the Organizing Committee it is our great pleasure to announce the first preliminary program for the ECNS2015. We are delighted to present an interesting and engaging program with plenary lectures presented by leading scientists, plus keynote and oral talks as well as poster presentations.

The preliminary program can be found here on the website.

The VI EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON NEUTRON SCATTERING (ECNS) will be held from the 30th of August 2015 until the 4th of September 2015 in Zaragoza, Spain.

The European Conference on Neutron Scattering (ECNS) is organized every four years as a forum for the European neutron scattering community to discuss recent developments and advances in all branches of science in which neutron scattering is, or eventually could be used.  An equally important aim of the conference is to serve as a platform for discussion and exchange among those who develop neutron scattering techniques. The VI European Conference on Neutron Scattering in Zaragoza, Spain, will build on the success of previous meetings held in Interlaken (1996), Budapest (1999), Montpellier (2003), Lund (2007), and Prague (2011).

The scientific program will cover the following topics:
Neutron Sources and Facilities
Neutron Instrumentation, Optics, Sample Environment, Detectors and Software
Fundamental Science
Chemistry of Materials (Structure and Spectroscopy)
Magnetism, Superconductivity and other Electronic Phenomena
Functional Materials
Glasses and Liquids
Thin Films and Interfaces
Soft Condensed Matter
Health and Life Sciences
Engineering applications
Cultural Heritage and Archaeometry
Planetary Sciences and Extreme Conditions

Further information and important dates can be found on the website www.ecns2015.eu. Please feel free to download the ECNS 2015 poster and send to your colleagues or display it in your department.

There will also be a parallel exhibition and if you would like to take the opportunity to ensure your company or institute is represented the "Exhibition and Sponsor dossier" can also be found on the website.

We look forward to seeing you in Zaragoza at the ECNS2015! Please do except my apologies if you receive this email more than once.

Kind regards,

Javier Campo
ECNS2015 Chair