[Neutron] Post-Doctoral Research Associate in Nanoscale Superconductivity : Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

christy.kinane at stfc.ac.uk christy.kinane at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 18:33:16 CET 2016

A Post-Doctoral Researcher in Nanoscale Superconductivity is sort for the nanomagnetism research group at the ISIS Neutron Spallation Source in Oxfordshire in the United Kingdom. We now have an opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Research Associate to make a significant contribution to the ISIS research programme in nanoscale superconductivity within our nanomagnetism research group under the direction of Prof Sean Langridge ( sean.langridge at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:sean.langridge at stfc.ac.uk> ) and Dr Christy Kinane ( christy.kinane at stfc.ac.uk<mailto:christy.kinane at stfc.ac.uk> ). The group has a 12 month position in the EPSRC funded project: Novel Coherent Electronic States in Artificial Ferromagnetic-Superconducting Hybrid Metamaterials. The project is part of a consortium consisting of the universities of St. Andrews, Leeds, Bath and Royal Holloway. This position is focused on exploiting our neutron (and complementary) technique data to provide a quantitative nanoscale understanding of triplet superconducting materials. In the project we have collected extensive neutron, muon and x-ray data. The Research Associate will work on the analysis of this data and contribute to the wider aspects contained within the project.

If you are interested in the position please follow the link here<http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc214858_6193.aspx>

=====================================
Dr C. J. Kinane

ISIS, Room 1.49, Building R3,
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Oxon OX11 0QX

Tel: +44 (0)1235 446043