[Neutron] 37th REIMEI workshop January 13 to 17th 2017 Information, especially for Graduate Students and Postdocs.

Ziman Timothy ziman at ill.fr
Thu Dec 8 15:45:26 CET 2016

Tokai/Tokyo Reimei Workshop on neutron and muon science for condensed
matter (January 13 to 17th 2017):

I would like to solicit applications to the following training program
and workshop in Tokai and Tokyo next month. We would particularly like
to attract graduate students and postdocs interested in visiting the
J-Parc facilities. The first day is devoted to a tour of J-Parc with a
small group of graduate students from the US, Japan and China and it
would be an opportunity for students in Europe to see the subject from a
different international perspective. The other days will comprise a
workshop on current areas in condensed matter and  spintronics where
neutrons and muons are important.  For an updated list of speakers, the
program and registration please see the link

http://asrc.jaea.go.jp/soshiki/gr/Nanoscale-gr/whatsnew_e.html

At present we cannot provide financial support, but I would emphasise
that there is no registration fee (other than an optional banquet) and
that very reasonably priced accommodation should  be
  available particularly for younger participants. I have applied for
limited support for a few students from Europe (which will not be
decided until the end of the year) so that if there are people who would
otherwise be prevented from attending,  I would ask them to contact me.

Hoping to see you in Japan

Timothy Ziman
Institut Laue Langevin and CNRS, Grenoble
ziman at ill.fr

For the organizers:Sadamichi Maekawa (JAEA), Michiyasu Mori (JAEA),
Shinsaku Kambe(JAEA), Timothy Ziman(ILL and CNRS), Wataru Higemoto
(JAEA), Atsushi Fujimori (U. Tokyo), Masatoshi Imada(U. Tokyo), Michiko
Hirano (JAEA), Yasutomo Uemura (Columbia University)