[Neutron] US School on Total Scattering Analysis -May 8-12, 2017 - REMINDER

Bain, Lisa A. bainla at ornl.gov
Fri Mar 24 18:11:38 CET 2017

Reminder: Registration closes 25th March (tomorrow).

Dear Users,

We are excited to announce the upcoming US School on Total Scattering Analysis at the Spallation Neutron Source, May 8-12, 2017.  Please see the attached flier for details and http://conference.sns.gov/TS-School.

Graduate students, postdoctoral associates, and early career scientists are encouraged to apply but all are very welcome.

This school is aimed at introducing total scattering data and modelling methods, demonstrating their use in understanding complex functional materials, and reviewing recent developments and future directions in the technique. Most of the school will be focused on providing hands-on training with total scattering analysis software, with the balance focused on providing a technical foundation and highlighting exemplary work in the community. The final day of the school will highlight a special area of interest and this year will discuss and demonstrate the capabilities of single crystal diffuse scattering data obtained from the CORELLI and TOPAZ instruments at the Spallation Neutron Source.

We will select 40 participants.  Selected applicants will be notified on or before March 31st.
Go to http://conference.sns.gov/TS-School and register by selecting ‘Apply to Attend’.  Kindly, indicate what parts of the school you are interested in (and why) including a brief description of your current project/course under the “Reason for Participation” portion of the application. There is no registration fee, meals will be provided, and the government rate and room-sharing options will be offered at our guest house on a first come first served basis as rooms are limited or you are welcome to book your own accommodations.  Additional hotel options are listed under ‘Travel Information’.  Unfortunately, we cannot provide travel support to attend this workshop.

Please let us know if you have questions or comments.  We are looking forward to hosting you in Oak Ridge!

Sincerely,
Matt (Kate and Thomas)

ORNL Organizers:
Katharine Page, Matt Tucker, Thomas Proffen, Ross Whitfield, Christina Hoffmann, Yaohua Liu, and Feng Ye

Matt Tucker
Advanced Diffraction Group Leader
Chemical and Engineering Materials Division
Spallation Neutron Source
1 Bethel Valley Road, MS 6475
Oak Ridge, TN 37831