You are invited to apply for time on the neutron beam instruments at the NIST Center for Neutron Research (NCNR).
The deadline for all proposals is Thursday, September 22, 2016.
Proposal submission form:
- You must have an account, or create one, on the NCNR Information Management System (NCNR-IMS) to submit a proposal. https://www-s.nist.gov/NCNR-IMS/login.do
- The description of research section must be uploaded as a pdf file no longer than 3 letter-size pages, nor more than 1500 kb in file size. Note the Tips on Proposal Writing section in the proposal instructions.
- Please complete the Submit Visitor Registration Form NOW if you intend to submit a proposal and subsequently visit the NCNR. https://www.ncnr.nist.gov/visitor/index.html
- Quick Access Proposals may be submitted at any time, but are held to a higher standard.
- We encourage users to work with an appropriate instrument scientist when writing proposals and planning experiments as they are happy to assist you. They will also help you register and submit a proposal.
Instruments being offered in the current call for proposals are:
—Instruments supported by the Center for High Resolution Neutron Scattering
- Small Angle Neutron Scattering Instrument (SANS) – 30 m (NGB)
- Ultra-Small Angle Neutron Scattering Instrument(USANS)
- High-Flux Backscattering Spectrometer (HFBS)
- Neutron Spin-Echo Spectrometer (NSE)
- Multi-Angle Crystal Spectrometer (MACS)
- Thermal Neutron Triple-Axis with Polarized Beam Option (BT7)
- Disk-Chopper Spectrometer(DCS)
- Small Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS) – 30 m (NG7)
- MAGIK Off-Specular Reflectometer (MAGIK)
- Polarized Beam Reflectometer (PBR)
- Neutron Imaging Facility (NIF)
- Powder Diffractometer (BT1)