Cryo Engineer Position

Worlton, Thomas TWorlton at pns.anl.gov
Fri Sep 26 15:59:44 CDT 1997

Cryogenics Engineer Opening, Argonne National Laboratory, Intense Pulsed
Neutron Source
Argonne National Laboratory, one of the nation's premier scientific
research and development organizations, located 20 miles southwest of
Chicago, has an opening for a cryogenics engineer/scientist. The opening
is in Argonne's Intense Pulsed Neutron Source (IPNS) Division. IPNS is
the world's first major pulsed spallation neutron facility dedicated to
materials research.
IPNS utilizes sophisticated cryogenics systems, including closed cycle
helium refrigerators, to cool its neutron thermalizing moderators. The
units consist of solid methane operated at 20K and liquid methane at
100K. We seek an experienced cryogenic person to join our cryo team. The
ideal candidate will have several years of cryogenics design and
operations experience and a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in a related technical
discipline (engineering, physics, etc.). Experience with vacuum systems,
leak detectors, instrumentation, automated data acquisition, and
electronics is desirable. The chosen candidate will be part of the IPNS
cryo team and will be expected to be the cryo group leader in a few
years.
To learn more about this open position contact Mr. Terry Scott at
630-252-6799 or send e-mail to tlscott at anl.gov. Send your resume to:
Ms. Sue Walker
Human Resources
Box 126344
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Avenue
Argonne, IL 60439
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer.
For additional information, please refer to the ANL Home Page on the
internet -http://www.anl.gov/welcome.html or the IPNS Home Page at
http://www.pns.anl.gov/.

Tom Worlton
Intense Pulsed Neutron Source