post-doc and phd positions available in Delft

Wim G. Bouwman w.g.bouwman at IRI.TUDELFT.NL
Thu Jul 2 17:59:10 CDT 1998

Experimental physicists, a post-doc and a Ph.D. student
for developing a novel neutron scattering technique.

General information
In the departement for radiation physics at the Interfacultair Reactor
Instituut of the Delft University for Technology we are developing a novel
Small Angle Neutron Scattering instrument. The technique uses the Larmor
precession of polarised neutrons in a magnetic field to create a spin echo
to detect the scattering. We expect to measure correlation functions of
characteristic distances between 5 nm and 1 micron in a time scale of a
minute. More information can be found at the web page:
http://www.iri.tudelft.nl/~sfwww/sesans.html.

Function information
In a team we will develop this new technique. In parallel to developing the
technique we will actively develop a SANS-research programme in
collaboration with a user group. Intensive collaboration with groups in the
Netherlands and laboratories abroad will be an important part of the work.

In the group we have now two vacancies: One post-doc position and one PhD
position. The post-doc will mainly be working on the SANS-programme and the
PhD student on the developement on the new instrument.

We are looking for experimental physicist that are interested in mesoscopic
physics. Experience with magnetic fields and scattering techniques can be
an advantage.

Contacts
For more information you can contact dr. M.T. Rekveldt, phone +31-15-278
2107, rekveldt at iri.tudelft.nl, or dr. W.G. Bouwman, phone +31-15-278 6775,
W.G.Bouwman at iri.tudelft.nl.

Written applications with a Curriculum Vitae can be sent to dr. M.Th.
Rekveldt, Interfacultair Reactor Instituut, Mekelweg 15, 2629 JB Delft.

Dr. Wim G. Bouwman             phone (++31) (0)15 2786775
Interfacultair Reactor Instituut  fax (++31) (0)15 2786422
Technische universiteit Delft    w.g.bouwman at iri.tudelft.nl
Mekelweg 15                          http://www.iri.tudelft.nl/~bouwman
2629 JB Delft                         The Netherlands