Post Doctoral Opportunity

Simon Billinge billinge at pa.msu.edu
Mon Sep 27 18:40:06 CDT 1999

I would like to draw your attention to the following post-doctoral position
which is open in my group for a neutron scatterer.  If you know anyone who
might be interested in this position please have them contact me.  Also,
please fell free to post the advertisement and share it with colleagues.
Please note the short deadline.

MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

The departments of Physics and Chemistry at Michigan State University are
looking to fill a postdoctoral research associate position in the
characterization of disordered mesoporous materials.  The successful
candidate will be located predominantly at National Institute of Standards
and Technology in Gaithersburg, Maryland.  Techniques used will be inelastic
and quasielastic neutron scattering, small angle scattering and diffraction
to study the structure and dynamics of mesoporous framework materials and
their intercalants.  Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry,
Materials Science or related subject.  Deadline for applications is Oct. 29,
1999 or until the position is filled.  Expected start date by January 1,
2000.  Please send applications, including a vita, statement of research,
and at least two letters of recommendation, to Prof. Simon J.L. Billinge,
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Michigan State University, East
Lansing, MI  48824-1116 USA (www.pa.msu.edu/cmp/billinge-group). Michigan
State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution.
Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.

---

Thanks for your attention to this,

Simon

Prof Simon J.L. Billinge	Tel: (517) 353-8697
Dept. Physics and Astronomy	fax: (517) 353-4500
Michigan State University	email: billinge at pa.msu.edu
East Lansing, MI 48824-1116
         www: http://www.pa.msu.edu/cmp/billinge-group