Dave Cox Symposium, Friday 17 Dec., Brookhaven NL.

Alan Hewat hewat at ill.fr
Thu Oct 7 15:25:48 CDT 1999

Posted by Alan Hewat on behalf of John Parise & Steve Shapiro.

October 2, 1999

Dear Colleague,

Dave Cox is retiring from Brookhaven National Laboratory at the end of this
year after a long and distinguished career using neutrons and x-rays to
probe the structure of solids.  We invite you to join us in honoring Dave
for his many contributions to the crystallographic community, to Brookhaven
and to DOE.

We are hosting a symposium in his honor at Brookhaven on:
Friday afternoon, December 17, 1999 in the Physics Department Seminar Room.
Speakers who have already accepted to talk about Dave's career are:
Tony Cheetham (UCSB),
Larry Finger (Carnegie Institute)
Art Sleight (Oregon State University).

Following the symposium, there will be a reception and dinner at Berkner
Hall that will feature more talks about 'other' aspects of Dave's life.

Please complete the attached form indicating your interest in attending.  A
second mailing will be made with more details.  Also kindly give a copy to
any of your colleagues who might be interested in attending.

We look forward to your celebrating Dave's accomplishment with us in December

Sincerely,

S. M. Shapiro                            J. B Parise
Associate Chair, Physics Dept.           Professor
Brookhaven National Laboratory           Geoscience Department
                                         SUNY-Stony Brook
=============

DAVE COX SYMPOSIUM
PHYSICS DEPARTMENT, LARGE SEMINAR ROOM
Friday, December 17, 1999

Response Form
Full Name:

Affiliation:

Mailing Address:

Guest/Spouse's Name:     _________________________________________________

Phone:     Fax:      E-Mail:

Will attend    _________ Will not attend      __________

                    (Indicate # of Persons)
Symposium      _________                      __________

Dinner         _________                      __________

Housing Information:
q  Please reserve on-site accommodation ? see (1) below
q  I will make my own accommodation arrangements ? see (2) below
(1)  On-site

Single    Double*
______    Guest House (private bath) [limited availability]   $61.00  $66.00

______    Dormitory (single room/shared bath)                     $15.50
               Male Dorm ______  Female Dorm _______
Arrival Date:___________________________Departure
Housing charges should be paid to the Housing Receptionist upon arrival

Dr Alan W. Hewat, Diffraction Group Leader,
Institut Laue-Langevin Grenoble FRANCE <hewat at ill.fr> tel (33) 4.76.20.72.13
ftp://ftp.ill.fr/pub/dif    fax (33) 4.76.20.76.48    http://www.ill.fr/dif/