Virus on the Neutron Scattering Mailing List

Ray Osborn ROsborn at anl.gov
Sun May 27 23:37:52 CDT 2001

Two messages were sent to the Neutron Scattering Mailing List this afternoon
(May 27, 2001) by "Chipara" <mchipara at unlserve.unl.edu>.  As Lachlan
Cranswick has informed this list, the attachments probably contain viruses,
although my own virus software did not identify them.  Please do not attempt
to open these attachments in case they are designed to damage your own
computer and/or replicate in the manner of the "I Love You" virus.

We are making inquiries about the origin of these files, and shall look into
what measures we can take to prevent such viruses being forwarded in the
future.

--
Dr Ray Osborn                Tel: +1 (630) 252-9011
Materials Science Division   Fax: +1 (630) 252-7777
Argonne National Laboratory  E-mail: ROsborn at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4845