No subject

neutron at fz-juelich.de neutron at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jan 22 08:42:57 CST 2002

Dear Colleague,

The Institutes for Neutron Scattering and Scattering Methods at Forschungszentrum Juelich have started a user service supported by the European Union. Within this project "Juelich Neutrons for Europe" we will provide about 20 instrument-weeks per year of experiment time to user groups from EU countries or associated states.

More than 14 neutron scattering instruments are available to interested researchers. Among those are world-class instruments as the Neutron-Spin-Echo Spectrometer, the Small-Angle Scattering Instruments and the Backscattering Spectrometer.

The user groups selected under this programme will benefit from compensation of travel expenses to Juelich and daily allowances for accommodation.

Our first proposal round in November 2001 was a quite active one: We had 21 proposals for a total beam time of 188 days. Due to this rush we doubled the number of days granted. Nevertheless, not all proposals could be accepted. All proposals with a rating >4 need not to be resubmitted. They stay for the current round unless the proposers wish to modify them.

New applications can be submitted using the proposal form which is also in use for national FRJ-2 experiments. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE MOST RECENT FORM AT

        http://www.neutronscattering.de

Proposers are advised to contact the instrument responsible before they submit a proposal in order to ensure feasibility. The proposal itself can be submitted by e-mail to

        mailto:neutron at fz-juelich.de

The proposals will be reviewed three times a year by an international selection committee. Exceptionally promising and urgent proposals will be reviewed immediately to ensure timely execution.

THE DEADLINE FOR THE FIRST PROPOSAL ROUND IN 2002 IS

        February 22, 2002

Up to date news about "Juelich Neutrons for Europe" can be found on our web page

        http://www.neutronscattering.de/ARI_anno.html

We are looking forward to receiving your proposals!

Reiner Zorn

PS: If you do not wish to receive this regular call for proposals please send a reply with the subject "remove".