FW: Reminder - HMI-BENSC Call for Proposals - deadline 15 March

Neutron Neutron at pns.anl.gov
Tue Mar 12 14:36:02 CST 2002

    Berlin Neutron Scattering Center (BENSC)

                         Call for Proposals

    Round 2002/II   -    Beam time July 2002 - January 2003

    Our next deadline is 15 March 2002 .  Proposal submission should be
    done via the Web: we don't accept paper and faxed proposals - and we
    don't recommend e-mailed proposals.

    The Web system for ONLINE PROPOSAL SUBMISSION (OPS)  is now
    operational and will be closed only around 24 March :
    http://www.hmi.de/pubbin/badge_prop_upload.pl

    Preformatted forms for the Experiment Descriptions pages
    for OPS in Word and RTF format
    are available from the BENSC Web pages.
    http://www.hmi.de/bensc/download/download_en.html

    All information on BENSC instrumentation details
    and general rules for  BENSC user service
    included travel support and on-site accommodation
    are available      from our Web pages
    http://www.hmi.de/bensc/

---------------

New Contract with the European Commission for Access to BENSC :

  We are happy to inform our European users
that BENSC has been awarded a  new contract with the EU
to provide access to the BENSC facilities.
  The new  contract under the Access to Research Infrastructures action of
the Human Potential Programme has increased value
and is effective until end of 2003.
   The EC grant in general supports users from the EU
and Associated States  through
    -  Refund of travel costs   -  Free accommodation
     - Daily allowance           - Free use of BENSC facilities.
Priority is given to new groups and young researchers.

-----------------

BENSC USER MEETING 2002:

The BENSC User Meeting 2002 will be held on
15-16 May 2002 in Bonn in close co-operation with the
 "ESS Presentation to the Public"
(http://64.224.37.175/ess/)
and the meeting of the German Neutron Scattering Association.
Travel support for German and other European BENSC users
who report on BENSC  experimental results will be available.
Try to register under ESS, preferably before 15 March.

Rainer Michaelsen

BENSC SCIENTIFIC SECRETARY
Dr. Rainer Michaelsen
HMI-BENSC