FW: postdoc position opening, Freiburg/Germany

Neutron neutron at pns.anl.gov
Mon Mar 18 08:35:10 CST 2002

Postdoc Position in Polymer Physics at the Albert-Ludwigs-University
Freiburg/Germany:

Corresponding to their molecular size many polymer systems form
structures on  nanometer length scales. We investigate different ways to
influence and control these structures with the aim to understand the
physics of the underlying processes as well as to find new routes to
make well defined nanostructures by self assembly. There is a postdoc
position open in a project in which we study the behavior of block
copolymers in electric fields. In these materials a phase separation on
molecular length scale leads to the formation of ordered, periodic
structures which can be oriented by electric fields. We plan to study
the orientation mechanism by x-ray and neutron scattering techniques.
Experiments will be done in our laboratory as well as at the SINQ
neutron source of the Paul-Scherrer-Institute in Switzerland. Candidates
should have experience in neutron or x-ray scattering and possibly in
polymer science.

For further information please contact:

Dr. Thomas Thurn-Albrecht
Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg