[Neutron] X-ray scattering Instrument Scientist Advertisement at the Bragg Institute (ANSTO), Sydney

ROBINSON, Robert rro at ansto.gov.au
Tue Jul 29 10:40:03 CDT 2003

We are seeking a scientist to assist with the specification, procurement, installation and commissioning of a state-of-the-art X-ray reflectometer and a Small Angle X-ray Scattering instrument.  Budgets have already been approved for the purchase of both a
X-ray instruments and potential suppliers have been identified.

You're invited to be part of one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development organisations.  The Bragg Institute is responsible for the operation of Australia's neutron and synchrotron X-ray scattering facilities, as well as the development
of new neutron scattering instrumentation for Australia's new research reactor (which will come on-line in 2005).  The Bragg Institute is in the process of expanding our research capabilities to include new in-house X-ray scattering facilities to
complement our neutron instrumentation.

The successful candidate will be expected to conduct a high-quality research program, in collaboration with Australian universities, industry, other ANSTO divisions and overseas scientists.  Possible areas can include soft condensed-matter studies, polymer
science, chemistry, structural biology, condensed-matter physics and materials science.

Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in one of the above areas of science, or a related area, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work both independently and in teams.

More information on present and future neutron scattering activities at ANSTO can be found on the Web at http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html

If you want both career challenge and the best of the Australian lifestyle in Sydney and feel you are right for ANSTO, then send your details to cherylie.thorn at ansto.gov.au - we look forward to hearing from you.

See http://www.ansto.gov.au/info/vac/vac2003/v2003_037.pdf for more details

Robert A. Robinson
The Bragg Institute, Building 58
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1
Menai                  tel:  +61-(2)-9717-9204
NSW 2234           FAX: +61-(2)-9717-3606
AUSTRALIA         e-mail:  rro at ansto.gov.au

Web sites:
http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html
http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/staff/s_rob.html