[Neutron] SINQ call for proposals, REMINDER!

SINQ sinq at psi.ch
Fri Nov 7 22:33:25 CST 2003

The next DEADLINE for the submission of beamtime requests for the Swiss
spallation neutron source 'SINQ' (http://sinq.web.psi.ch) will be:

                *********  NOVEMBER 15, 2003   *********

PERIOD:
-------
The SINQ SCO herewith calls for proposals for the beamtime period I/04
between 01/05/2004 and 31/08/2004 and from then onwards (long-term
proposals).

INSTRUMENTS:
------------
The following instruments will be available in cycle I/04:

Powder Diffractometers        :  HRPT, DMC
Single Crystal Diffractometer :  TRICS
Strain Scanner                :  POLDI
Small Angle Scattering        :  SANS-I, SANS-II
Reflectometer                 :  AMOR
Triple-Axis Spectrometers     :  TASP, RITA-II
Time-of-Flight Spectrometer   :  FOCUS

Additionally, beamtime on the instruments TOPSI (optional USANS) and NEUTRA
can be allocated by contacting the instrument responsibles directly.
Information about all instruments can be obtained here:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/instruments.html

PROPOSAL-SUBMISSION:
--------------------
You are invited to submit either long-term or short-term proposals. Please
note that since the previous cycle it is possible to include more than one
instrument into a short-term proposal. We accept hardcopies as well as
e-mail attachments (Word- or Latex-files). Guidelines for the proposal
submission, detailed information and downloadable proposal forms can be
found on our webpages:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/access.html
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/sinq_call.html

SWISS NEUTRONS FOR EUROPE:
--------------------------
SINQ will be part of the 'NMI3-Access Program' within 'EU Framework Program
FP6'. Users from eligible countries can be supported by reimbursement of
travel and accommodation costs. For further info please have a look at:
http://sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/fp5.html

ADDRESS:
--------
SINQ Scientific Coordination Office