[Neutron] 8SXNS 2nd Circular, please register!

Andreas.Schreyer at gkss.de Andreas.Schreyer at gkss.de
Wed Feb 4 16:06:29 CST 2004

The 8th International Conference on

Surface X-ray & Neutron Scattering - 8SXNS

PLEASE REGISTER !

http://www.8sxns.de

June 28th - July 2nd 2004

Physikzentrum Bad Honnef (Germany)

This 8th international SXNS conference will bring together researchers
studying surfaces of solid, liquid, and soft condensed materials
(including multilayers) via neutron or x-ray (either hard, soft, or EUV)
scattering techniques. Previous conferences were held in Lake Tahoe, USA
(2002), Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands (1999), Oxford, UK (1997), Lake
Geneva, USA (1995), Dubna, Russia (1993), Bad Honnef, Germany (1991), and
Marseille, France (1989).Topics of interest include:

•       new scattering and data analysis techniques
•       growth, structure, and roughness of surfaces and interfaces
•       magnetism of layered materials and interfaces
•       membranes and biologically active interfaces
•       soft X-ray and EUV scattering
•       coherent scattering from surfaces and interfaces
•       inelastic scattering techniques at interfaces
•       new optical elements/devices for the study of interfaces

The conference will take place at the Physikzentrum in Bad Honnef where a
limited amount of rooms are available for 50 Euro per person and day
including three meals. The registration for 8SXNS is now possible at our
Web-page where the second circular in pdf format, a first outline of the
program and a tentative list of confirmed chairpersons can be found. The
final program will be announced soon.  Please look at our Web-page
www.8sxns.de for updates. If you have questions please do not hesitate to
contact the organizers directly or via info at 8sxns.de
Please do also forward this email to anybody who may be interested in
coming to this conference.

We look forward to seeing you in the summer in Bad Honnef!
The conference co-chairs:
Metin Tolan, Universität Dortmund   (tolan at physik.uni-dortmund.de)
Tim Salditt, Universität Göttingen   (tsaldit at gwdg.de)
Andreas Schreyer, GKSS Research Center Geesthacht
(Andreas.Schreyer at gkss.de)

Metin Tolan
Universitaet Dortmund
Fachbereich Physik & DELTA