[Neutron] ISIS Call for Proposals

Howells, WS (Spencer) S.Howells at rl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 16:37:36 CST 2004

*************
ISIS Facility
*************

Call for Proposals Round 04/2

DEADLINE 16 April 2004

Proposal Submission on the Web
---------------------------

With this call we are introducing a web based submission system for
proposals.
We will no longer accept proposals by e-mail or by post.
The new submission system will be open on 22 March 2004 .
You will access the system from the ISIS homepage : www.isis.rl.ac.uk
<http://www.isis.rl.ac.uk>  - 'Applying for Beamtime'. When using it for the
first time you will have to register.  Your e-mail address will be your user
name and you will use a password to ensure confidentiality. Detailed
instructions are available from the same Web page.
We hope that you find the submission of your proposals through the web
convenient and straight forward. In case of problems please contact Spencer
Howells: Phone 01235 - 445680 or e-mail: w.s.howells at rl.ac.uk
<mailto:w.s.howells at rl.ac.uk> .
After the proposal deadline, an acknowledgement of all proposals received
will be sent by email and post.

ISIS Schedule
There will be a long shutdown starting on 26 March 2004 until 8 October 2004
to enable essential work for the upgrade of the accelerator and the target.
This includes the installation of a modern RFQ system in the pre-injector
and the completion of the second harmonic RF systems in the synchrotron.  We
will also change the reflector of the target so that it can handle the
increased proton current.
All this work is an essential prerequisite for the successful operation of
the second target station.

For further information contact :

Spencer Howells
ISIS Management Information Systems