[Neutron] Benasque2005 workshop

Alex Travesset trvsst at ameslab.gov
Thu Mar 31 12:01:58 CST 2005

Dear Colleague:

We are writing to you as we are interested in having a significant
participation from the scattering community,
both neutrons and X-rays in the workshop for advanced researchers
 entitled "Biological Membranes, current challenges."  The workshop
 will convene at the beautiful site of the
 Benasque Center for Physics (Spain) on July 31st till August 19th, 2005.
 The maximum number of participants is around 60 persons, so early
 registration is encouraged. In some limited cases we may be able to
 provide financial help.
 An incomplete list of current participants may be found at:
 http://www.physics.iastate.edu/staff/travesset/Benasque.htm
 You may register following the link there or go directly
 http://benasque.ecm.ub.es/2005biomembranes/2005biomembranes.htm

 This workshop is intended to discuss progress and challenges of all
 aspects regarding our understanding of biological membranes and
monolayers from
 a soft condensed matter perspective, both theoretically and
 experimentally.

 Focus topics will include: mixtures, domains and proteins in membranes,
 adhesion and membrane-cytoskeleton interactions, membrane fusion,
 membrane pores, dynamics and hydrodynamics and interactions of
 membranes with ions, polymers and proteins.
 The aim of the workshop will be to stimulate discussions and
 collaborations among participants, with a low number of seminars. Desks
and computer facilities will be provided.

 Please bring this announcement to the attention of potential attendees.

 Many thanks from the organizing committee,
 Fred MacKintosh (Vrije Universiteit) and Alex Travesset (Iowa State and
 Ames Lab)