[Neutron] ACNS Registration

Worlton, Thomas G. tworlton at anl.gov
Tue Apr 25 09:37:14 CDT 2006

The deadline for registration for ACNS 2006 at the reduced rate is April
28, 2006.
(After that date the fee goes from $350 to $400)

2006 American Conference on Neutron Scattering
St. Charles, IL, June 18-22, 2006
Registration and hotel reservation at
http://acns2006.anl.gov/ <blocked::http://acns2006.anl.gov/>

More than 300 abstracts have been received for ACNS 2006, so we are
expecting a successful and interesting meeting. The deadline for
registration at a reduced rate for the American Conference on Neutron
Scattering 2006 is Friday, April 28, 2006.  Hotel room availability will
continue to be guaranteed until May 26, 2006.  After that date, the
hotel has the right to rent our block of rooms to other guests.  The
deadline for online reservations is June 1, 2006.  After that date, any
further registrations must be made on site at the conference and the fee
rises to $425.

The program for the conference is nearing completion and can be found at
http://acns2006.anl.gov/Program_Schedule/

There are now three tutorials on Sunday as listed at
http://acns2006.anl.gov/Tutorials/ .  Those wishing to arrive on
Saturday, June 17, 2006 should note that there are no rooms available at
Pheasant Run that night because of another conference.  We have asked
Conferon to find other rooms in the area for Saturday night and will
assist with transportation to Pheasant Run Sunday morning.  Watch the
web site for announcements of those arrangements.

The banquet is limited to 300 attendees, so we may not be able to
accommodate everyone.  Any arrangements not included in the initial
registration need to be made directly with Conferon via Fax or telephone
as listed on the registration web page.

ACNS Conference website:  http://www.acns2006.anl.gov/
<blocked::http://www.acns2006.anl.gov/>

Important Conference Dates:

April 28, 2006:         Deadline for registration at reduced rate
May 26, 2006:         Guarantee for block of rooms at Pheasant Run ends
June  1, 2006:          Online registration deadline
June 18, 2006:         Tutorial sessions begin ( 9 am)
June 18, 2006:         Conference Welcome Reception (7 pm)
June 19, 2006:         Conference begins
June 20, 2006:         Conference Banquet (7:30 pm)
June 22, 2006:          IPNS Tour/Anniversary Celebration
June 22, 2006:          Conference ends

Committee and Contact Information Sponsoring Organization
Neutron Scattering Society of America
<blocked::http://neutronscattering.org/>

Local Organizing Committee
Chuck Prokuski <blocked::mailto:cprokuski at anl.gov>  (ANL)