[Neutron] Research position at LLB Saclay

Alain Menelle alain.menelle at cea.fr
Fri Jun 9 20:15:49 EDT 2006

The Léon Brillouin Laboratory (LLB), located in Saclay (20km SW of
Paris-France), is a national facility for fundamental research using
neutron techniques. The Laboratory performs its own investigations and
welcomes 450 visiting scientists per year to carry out world-class
research in solid state physics, crystallography, soft matter, biology,
chemistry and material sciences. It is funded by the CEA (French atomic
energy agency) and CNRS ( French research agency).

The LLB currently has a vacancy for a:

LLB FELLOW in STRUCTURE AND MAGNETISM (M/F)

The candidate will:

- Pursue an active research program in one of the following subjects:
magnetic oxides, multiferroïcs,  magnetic superlattices , nano-magnetism
or other subject related to magnetism.

- Be responsible for a polarised neutron scattering spectrometer.

- Promote the use of neutron applications and develop new instrumentation.

- Assist and cooperate with visiting researchers in conducting
experiments, as well as in the development of new experimental
strategies and equipment.

The candidate must have a PhD and postdoctoral experience. A strong
background in magnetism is necessary and experience in neutron
scattering is desirable.

The successful candidate will be employed by CEA and benefit from the
advantages allocated to its staff.

Further information can be obtained by contacting Ph. Mangin Tel: +33
(0)1 69 08 32 54; e-mail: philippe.mangin at cea.fr

Applications with curriculum vitae, a list of publications and the names
of two academic references should be sent to Philippe Mangin, director
of LLB no later than June, 26, 2006.

Alain Menelle               I Tel1 : 33-(0)1-69-08-96-99
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin  I Tel2 : 33-(0)1-69-08-90-20
(CEA-CNRS), CEA Saclay      I Fax  : 33-(0)1-69-08-82-61
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex  I email: menl at llb.saclay.cea.fr
France                      I