[Neutron] Please contribute to the "Emerging Opportunities" session for the Knoxville ACA meeting

Swainson, Ian - NRC Ian.Swainson at nrc.gc.ca
Fri Dec 7 14:13:48 CST 2007

-----------------
Subject: Please contribute to the "Emerging Opportunities" session for the Knoxville ACA meeting
-----------------
  	We are writing to alert you to the session on Emerging Opportunities for X-Ray and Neutron Scattering to be held at the ACA meeting in spring 2008.  We believe the session is especially timely since the meeting will be held in Knoxville, Tennessee, near to the new Spallation Neutron Source at Oak Ridge Nat'l Lab.  In this session, number 13.09, we hope to feature the new sources that are going up around the world and those that are getting significant upgrades.  In addition, this is an opportunity for any of you with new and exciting techniques or equipment for either neutron or x-ray scattering studies to report on your experiences.

  	Please submit an abstract to the ACA web site
             -- http://www.amercrystalassn.org -- describing your work. PLEASE NOTE: The deadline is Saturday 15 December!!

 	Don't hesitate to ask questions of either of us:

  		Bob Sweet   For x-ray questions       sweet at bnl.gov
  		Ken Herwig  For neutron questions     herwigkw at ornl.gov

         Robert M. Sweet                 E-Dress: sweet at bnl.gov
         Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular               ^ (that's L
           Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS            not 1)
           http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
         Biology Dept
         Brookhaven Nat'l Lab.           Phones:
         Upton, NY  11973                631 344 3401  (Office)
         U.S.A.                          631 344 2741  (Facsimile)
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.