[Neutron]Open position at the Laboratory for Neutron Scattering, PSI and ETH Zürich

SINQ sinq at psi.ch
Mon Jan 21 10:05:11 CST 2008

The Paul Scherrer Institut is a centre for multi-disciplinary
research and one of the world’s leading user laboratories. With its
1300 employees it belongs as an autonomous institution to the Swiss
ETH domain and concentrates its activities on solid-state research
and material sciences, elementary particle physics, energy and
environmental research as well as on biology and medicine.

For the Swiss Spallation Neutron Source SINQ we are looking for a
Postdoc / Second Beam Line Scientist

For the Cold Neutron Powder Diffractometer DMC: http://
sinq.web.psi.ch/sinq/instr/dmc/dmc.html

Your tasks:
Support of external users during their stay at PSI
Support of the main instrument responsible in maintenance; upgrading
the instrument and the software
Research in the field of materials science, magnetism and
crystallography using the instrumentation at SINQ, SLS and the mu-SR
facilities.

Your profile:
The successful candidate should have a Ph.D. degree in experimental
physics, chemistry or a related field and has experience in working
at a neutron or synchrotron source. Good knowledge of neutron
instrumentation as well as powder refinement programs and of
condensed matter physics is required, supplemented by communication
skills in English and preferably German. You will work in a
controlled radiation area with flexible working times. The term of
this position is two years with a possible extension to a maximum of
four years.

If you are interested in working at a state-of-the-art diffractometer
beamline, and are capable of making major contributions to our
research program in collaboration with colleagues at PSI and ETH,
please contact Dr Jürg Schefer, Tel. +41 (0)56 310 4347, E-mail:
juerg.schefer at psi.ch, or Dr Lukas Keller, Tel. +41 (0)56 310 4007, E-
mail: lukas.keller at psi.ch.

We are looking forward to your application.

Please submit your application to: Paul Scherrer Institut, Human
Resources, Mr. Thomas Erb, ref. code 3301, 5232 Villigen PSI,
Switzerland, or thomas.erb at psi.ch.