[Neutron] German Neutron Scattering Conference 2008, call for abstracts and registration

Juergen.Neuhaus at frm2.tum.de Juergen.Neuhaus at frm2.tum.de
Wed Jun 4 01:45:48 CEST 2008

Deutsche Neutronenstreutagung 2008
15.-17. September 2008
Technische Universität München, Garching, Germany

Dear colleagues.

We kindly ask for contributions for the German Neutron Scattering Conference
2008. The registration is open and abstracts can be submitted on our web pages
at http://www.frm2.tum.de.
Deadline for contributions is the 30th June 2008.

In addition to the regular sessions covering are large variety of scientific
topics including neutron instrumentation we will focus on up-to-date subjects
in 3 Mini-Symposia entitled:

Function from Frustration in Modern Multiferroics,
jointly organized by G. Krexner (Univ. Wien) and D. Argyriou (HMI, Berlin)

Dynamics, kinetics, complex materials in the light of SANS and reflectometry,
jointly organized by A. Wiedenmann (HMI, Berlin), M. Gradzielski (TU Berlin),
R. Steitz (HMI, Berlin)

Materials Science and Engineering,
jointly organized by R. Schneider (HMI), M. Hofmann (FRM II) and
A. Schreyer (GKSS).

Plenary talks will be given by:

R. Biehl, FZ-Jülich, Interdomain dynamics in yeast alcohol dehydrogenase.
Chr. Pfleiderer, Technische Universität München, Exploring condensed matter
with a twist.
N. Froitzheim, Universität Bonn, From intracrystalline deformation to continent
collision: Neutron texture goniometry of sheared rocks from the Alps.
G. Badurek, Atominstitut Wien, Quantum Physics with Neutrons

Loking forward to seeing you in Garching.

The local organization team
Jürgen Neuhaus

Deutsche Neutronenstreutagung 2008
Forschungsneutronenquelle Heinz Maier-Leibnitz
Technische Universität München
D-85747 Garching

http://www.frm2.tum.de
Phone: +49 89 289 14313