[Neutron] SKIN2009-First annoncment

wiedenmann wiedenmann at ill.fr
Thu Dec 4 16:44:19 CET 2008

Dear Colleague,

We would like to draw your attention to the international workshop on
Studying Kinetics with Neutrons Studying Kinetics with neutrons by SANS
and Reflectometry SKIN2009, which will be held in Grenoble, France from
October 5 to October 7, 2009. Please find attached the 1st Circular. We
would appreciate, if you could spread this information among colleagues
and friends.
For more information,please visit our website, which will be regularly
updated.

http://www.ill.eu/Events/skin2009

Kinetics with neutrons is a growing and exciting field
of research with strong implications for applied science. The advent of new
high intensity neutron sources and instruments, as well as the development of new
real-time techniques, allows for the tracking of transformation processes in
condensed matter on a microscopic scale. The evolution of structural details
can be studied by time-resolved neutron scattering over a broad range of times.
For example, new stroboscopic methods such as TISANE allow dynamic processes to
be studied on a time scale extended to microseconds. As a follow-up to the
first SKIN conference held in Göttingen in 2007, the scope of the symposium is
to bring together scientists from different fields of physics, chemistry,
biology, materials and geo-sciences with neutron experts. The meeting will be
focussed on results, new applications and future prospects for time-resolved
Small Angle Neutron Scattering and Neutron Reflectometry. It is an important
aspect of the meeting to see what other experimental techniques achieve in this
field and where theoreticians see future challenges.

The scientific programme will consist of invited lectures as well as
oral and poster contributions on the following topics: **

·         Real-time small-angle scattering from soft and hard matter
·         Response to periodic  perturbation (stress, temperature,
pressure, fields )
·         Field induced ordering and relaxation in magnetic  and
ferroelectric systems
·         Dynamics in Flux line lattices
·         Mobility in colloidal systems, macromolecules, micelles
·         Kinetics of chemical reactions, phase transitions and growth
processes
·         Prospects of time-resolved Reflectometry: Surface and
interface reactions, electro-chemical processes,
      Polymer wetting, diffusion processes
·         Present and future instrumentation on SANS and Reflectivity
for  dynamical studies in the time range
      from seconds to microseconds (Single-shot  Kinetics, stroboscopic
techniques, TISANE , MIEZE, Larmor encoding)
·         Special sample environments for kinetic and dynamic
investigations
·         Complementary techniques probing dynamics and kinetic processes

We encourage you to preregister through this site.  You will then be
included into our mailing list for further information.

Hope to see you in Grenoble next year!
We apologise if you received this mail more than once but it is being
sent to several mailing lists.

Sincerely yours,

Albrecht Wiedenmann