[Neutron] GISAS2009 conference

Peter Muller-Buschbaum peter.mueller-buschbaum at ph.tum.de
Mon Feb 9 13:46:18 CET 2009

Dear colleagues,

We are glad to announce the GISAS satellite conference to be held at
DESY in Hamburg from 20th September 2009 to 23rd September 2009.

The REGISTRATION is open from January 15, 2009, on!

Our conference website is available via http://gisas2009.desy.de and
we cordially invite you to visit this website for more detailed
information!

Due to the big success of the two international GISAXS workshops at
DESY in 2005 and 2007 and owing to the strong development of both
neutron and x-ray based grazing incidence small-angle scattering
(GISAS) in the recent years, it was decided to hold a dedicated GISAS
conference at DESY in Hamburg as a satellite conference to the XIV SAS
conference in Oxford (UK) in 2009.

Thin film technology, nanostructures, surfaces and interfaces cover a
wide range, from polymeric coatings to photonic and magnetic
applications as well as nanotechnology. Grazing incidence small angle
scattering (GISAS) is an advanced powerful method to investigate the
structure and morphology of thin films and interfaces in order to
extract the structure-function-relationship. It is both used in
combination with x-rays and neutrons, each branch exploiting its
specific advantages! Our aim is to bring together the different
communities working in the field of thin films, nanostructures,
surfaces and interfaces, to present recent results and new
developments as well as to introduce this powerful method to new lines
of research.

The sessions are (for a timetable please visit http://
gisas2009.desy.de):

*	Magnetic thin films
*	Nanocomposites in 2D
*	Growth kinetics in 2D
*	Polymers and soft matter
*	Biological systems
*	New methods and instrumentation
*	neutron based techniques
*	Coherence applications in GISAS
*	Modeling, simulation & data analysis

The keynote speakers will be:
Monhoor Ree, U Pohang (Korea)
Thomas Russell, U Massachusetts, Amherst (USA)
Hartmut Zabel, U Bochum (Germany)

Looking forward to seeing you in Hamburg!

The organizing committee
Stephan V. Roth - Rainer Gehrke - Ralf Röhlsberger - Peter Müller-
Buschbaum

On behalf of the organizing committee
Peter Müller-Buschbaum

PS: This email has been sent to other mailing lists, too, so we
apologize in case you received it more than one time.

Prof. Dr. Peter Mueller-Buschbaum
Technische Universitaet Muenchen
Physik-Department Lehrstuhl E13
James-Franck-Str. 1