[Neutron] Postdoc position in the UK

Ted Forgan ted.forgan at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:04:12 CET 2009

The EPSRC has recently awarded us a £750,000 grant for 3 years, which
includes the purchase of a cryomagnet of novel design, to carry out
small-angle neutron scattering studies at unprecedented high fields up
to 17 T, with a sample temperature range from 1.5 - 300 K. This
cryomagnet will be transportable, and we envisage using it at ISIS,
ILL, PSI and FRM-II for anything from flux lines in superconductors to
aligned organic structures.

As part of this project, we are looking to hire a Research Fellow for
33-36 months.  Please forward this information to anyone who might be
suitable.  Further details can be found here:
http://www.cm.ph.bham.ac.uk/cmsite05/grants/fluxlinesgrant/fluxlinesgrant.html
or by contacting Ted Forgan (e.m.forgan at bham.ac.uk).

We shall be happy to work with people who have experiments that could
use this 17T magnet.  We expect it to be operational from early 2010,
and we would be delighted to hear from you.  If you have any questions
regarding the magnet specifications, please get in touch.  There is
the technical possibility to extend the temperature range down to 0.3
K.  We would welcome input from collaborators who would be interested
in supporting this extension.

Regards,
                  Ted Forgan, Elizabeth Blackburn
--